Ross School

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Long Journey Home- Camille Coy

Ah where to begin, what seemed like 2 years was actually only one day twice and a bit of the next. Yes, it was hard to escape March 15th...we left on its night only to find ourselves back in its morning. Very unsettling. The airport in Osaka was very modern and a bit overwhelming. We headed to the food court and each chose what would be our last supper, I had some stir fried noodles with beef and green tea ice cream. A wise choice if I do say so myself.

I've never been to Hawaii before. It was a nice humid change from chilly Japan and I bought "Aloha Mints" to remember the event. Off one plane and onto another within the hour. At LAX (first time in California as well) we...well not much happened at LAX. I was so out of it that I'm not quite sure that it happened at all, but I'm here so I suppose it must have.
JFK. Dirty, familiar, loud, JFK. Ross School. It took forever, and yet once it was over it seemed to go by so fast. Maybe it's because we lived through March 15th twice, while most only do so once.

Whatever the case, I'm glad that we all arrived home safely. I have many Japanese sweets to tide me over until I can go back and restock, which I intend to do as soon as possible.

Sayo-Nara,

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated by a real person, so please be patient for your comments to post.

Ross School