Ross School

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spencer Kuzon

Spencer Kuzon
Last Blog Post

Out of all the M-terms I have been on, this one has been my favorite by far.
Thisis not just because I love Japan to death, but because the awesome group of kids I
travelled with and the two amazing chaperones who accompanied us.
I really could not have asked for a better experience. It was certainly a nice way to reward myself
after handing in my Senior Project and getting into college, and I am really glad
my last M-term was my happiest.
Even the slight damper due to a natural disaster towards the end of the trip could not suppress the overall euphoric feeling I still feel when remembered my days in Japan.
We got to see loads of temples, visit hot springs, see monkeys and most importantly, eat lots of ice cream.
The food was also spectacular in general and I developed a love of curry, udon noodles, and tempura.
One of my biggest accomplishments, I think, was learning to use chopsticks at a
respectable level, as I was terrible at using them before I arrived.
I also loved the amount of attention our entire party received for being foreigners, especially when we dressed up in kimonos. That was really something great and will certainly be
something I remember for the rest of my life.
Mami and Earle were by far the best trip leaders I could have ever asked for. They were relaxed most of the time, but knew when to be serious and they always seemed to know what to do in times of confusion. They were also really cool to hang out with and I enjoyed their company
as much as I would enjoy the company of a close friend.
I would like to thank both of them for being understanding and comforting when I had to leave Japan early due to extenuating circumstances and I am grateful for all they went through to make sure we were kept safe. I could not have asked for a better 2 weeks and I would do it all
again in a heartbeat.

ōki ni arigatō

-Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated by a real person, so please be patient for your comments to post.

Ross School